Open Cbox

the story
In 2010, scientists discovered the Fountain of Youth serum nicknamed H2207. Claiming to be an age-reversing miracle, the Brotherhood stole it in order to revive their dying leader, Magneto. Thrilled with the results, it wasn't long until the X-Men transported the serum to Charles Xavier. No one knew the chaos it would result in years later, ending a war for their rights and beginning a war among themselves.

The year is now 2016. The X-Men and Brotherhood are clashing heads and the Cure is more readily available than ever. Join us; the war is just getting started.

staff

awards

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» it's warm enough, tag: kiara
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 11 2013, 01:07 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

if god controls the land and disease,
who would wanna be such a control freak?

The damned thing would not work. Miach rapped on the outside of the canister repeatedly until he heard a jingle from within letting him know he had broken something on the inside. He growled and dropped the small metal contraption to the ground and it broke into two pieces when it made contact with the frozen grass. He gave it a little kick. It moved slightly, but came to a stop only inches away. He sighed and leaned over to pick it up. It wasn't the machine's fault, of course, that it didn't work. It was his fault for making it wrong. He turned the cold metal over in his hands again and brought it close to his face so he could inspect the circuitry. Nothing seemed disconnected.

Miach snapped the two pieces together again and inspected every outer surface until he discovered the tiny switch on the side. He had forgotten to turn it on. "Stupid...stupid..." he muttered to himself as he flipped the switch and the little thing whirred to life. He grinned slightly at it and brought it up to his face to have a closer look. A perfect balance of work and circuitry inside spun a small magnet around and around the inner track of the canister. Miach took the upper piece off again as the container started to get hot and poured in some water from a water bottle. Soon the water would be hot enough to cook tea. He grinned again.

People had said that parks were relaxing. Miach rarely left his apartment, but he had wanted to try his little project in the open where it would be most useful -- and where else to bring a portable tea kettle than to a freezing cold park? He turned on his heel and set off to find a bench to sit on. The closest one was already occupied by a young woman with light coloured hair, but Miach took no notice of her as he plopped himself down beside her, eyes still on his invention.

words: lots , tag: kiara , notes: !!
template credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove

PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 11 2013, 03:35 PM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

FALLEN ANGELS
fly by and they're coming

Kiara had grown restless over the past few days. She had tried to ignore it as she concentrated on her school work and improving her abilities, but no matter how hard she had tried to concentrate on other things she had felt like the walls of the school that she lived at were closing in on her. With the weather growing increasingly colder, she had thought that it would be best to stay inside, but she found that it wasn't. She craved the way the wind went through her feathers and hair and she had missed the way that the birds called to one another while she sat outside listening to them. Today she had decided that since she didn't have any any school work to work on and it was the weekend so she didn't have any classes to attend she would head to Central Park and enjoy nature for a while. She had checked to see how cold it would be and then dressed in clothes that would keep her warm enough. She soon was wearing a thermal shirt and pants underneath a sweater and jeans and added her coat and boots to the mix. Like usual, her light colored hair rested on her shoulders and hid the light golden fuzz on the nape of her neck. The only other people that knew it was there was her parents, Opal, and some others, but that was it. She didn't want too many to know about it since she felt oddly vulnerable when it was visible and she didn't want to feel vulnerable so she kept it hidden. The last thing that she added to her outfit were gloves and her messenger bag. All ready, she left the school and headed to Central Park.

Before long, she had arrived and soon found a bench that was unoccupied which was in a good space to just enjoy nature without being disturbed. At least she hoped she wouldn't be disturbed. She was mainly in the park to just enjoy the weather and listen to the wind blow through the branches and the few leaves left on them and the animals that hadn't migrated to warmer places. Her wings were poking out the holes that she had put in the back of her clothes so that they could accommodate them better and she felt the cool air rustling her feathers as she walked through the park and towards the bench. She occasionally felt eyes on her, but tried to ignore whoever might be watching her or taking in the wings that protruded from her back. She instead listened to everything around her, smiling slightly when she heard birds singing to each other and allowing herself to be calmed by their songs as she sat down at the bench.

Within minutes, she had her eyes closed and she was leaning against the back of the bench, more relaxed and content than she has been in days. She barely even noticed the coldness that bit at her body or paid attention to the footsteps that occasionally went past her. However, when someone sat down beside her and she felt the slight movement in the bench she opened her eyes and saw a man with dark curly hair and light skin sitting beside her, holding some type of invention that had water in it and for some odd reason looked like a variation of a kettle. Her interest peaked, she straightened where she sat and looked from the object to the man holding it. "What is that? Some type of portable kettle?" She asked, curious plain in her eyes, on her face, and in her voice as her eyes left the man's face and back to the object he was holding.
626 , miach , outfit , ♥ lauz
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 03:24 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

if god controls the land and disease,
who would wanna be such a control freak?

At the girl's voice, Miach jumped a bit and his cold eyes turned quickly to pierce into her face. Her eyes were on the contraption in his hands. "Er...yes," he said with a puzzled tinge to his voice. The kettle looked more like a small bomb and Miach was quite surprised that the girl had assumed that immediately. He was impressed though. He quickly looked her over. He had no idea how old she was - he was rubbish at things like that - but she looked young. A bit young to be alone in the park talking to strangers, though who was he to judge? He didn't know anyone her age and perhaps parents were allowing their children to roam around unattended nowadays.

One thing he noticed were the rather large wings protruding from her back. His eyes lingered on them for longer than was probably necessary. They were pretty, large, and reminded him of pillows. He cocked his head to the side and wondered if she was alone because of the wings. "Your wings," he said in a gruff voice. "They're nice."

Despite his heritage, Miach wasn't bothered by the mutation. After all, he'd grown up with his brother being a part of the mutant community. And the wings were certainly nice. "It's tea, here have it." He handed the contraption over to the girl without looking at her again and stared out into the freezing park. For a moment, he considered pulling his jacket up around his face to keep warm as the wind whistled past his face, but the sting on his cheeks was somewhat pleasant.

"Who are you?" he asked shortly. "What are you doing here alone?"

words: lots , tag: kiara , notes: !!
template credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove

PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 09:26 PM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

FALLEN ANGELS

As she spoke, she noticed the way the man jumped as she continued to look at the kettle, trying to figure out how it worked. She kept her eyes on the kettle, not wanting him to realize that she had noticed him jump just in case he didn't want her to know. She felt his eyes on her face and listened as he confirmed that it was indeed a kettle. After a moment, she turned her gaze to him so that he was watching him out of the corner of her eye. She could tell that he was taking in how she looked and she hoped that she didn't look like a thirteen year old or something. People have assumed that she was younger than she really was before and she would need to tell them that she was in fact sixteen.

She soon saw his attention turning to her wings and on instinct her feathers ruffled a little and she tried to press them closer to her back so that they were less noticeable. She silently hoped that this man wasn't one of those people that didn't like mutants, because she didn't want to get hurt. However, he didn't look like he despised her. He looked more curious about them, which relaxed her a little bit as she listened to him as he told her that her wings were nice. "Thank you," she said quietly, smiling slightly at him before turning her attention to some birds that were nearby and appeared to be preparing to fly off of the branch they sat upon. Before they could fly off, though, her attention was drawn back to the man that sat beside her as he told her that the liquid in the kettle was tea and offered it to her. Smiling some more, she took the contraption from him and brought it to her lips. She has never tried tea before, but she found that she liked the taste of this one as she drank it and enjoyed the way it warmed her. Lowering it from her lips after a moment, she glanced back at the tree branch that the two birds had been perched on a few minutes ago and saw that they were gone now.

After a few minutes, she heard the man sitting beside her ask her who she was and what she was doing here alone. She turned her gaze to him and took in the expression on his face for a moment before saying, "I'm Kiara Watson. I wanted to enjoy the fresh air so I came here. I'm certainly old enough to be here alone. I'm sixteen after all or is that too young to be out in the park during the day?" As she finished speaking, she realized that she sounded irritated, which she was, and she could feel her talons coming out. Looking from the man beside her and down at her hands, she sighed slightly when she saw her talons scratching the surface of the contraption that held the tea in it. Not wanting to harm the portable kettle, she leaned down and placed it on the ground. She then straightened and began to take off her ruined gloves while at the same time hoping that her socks and boots weren't ruined as well.
552 , miach , outfit , ♥ lauz
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 10:26 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

She was sixteen. Was that too young to be alone in the park in the middle of the day? He had no bloody idea. But she seemed like she had a pretty good handle on things. And she seemed happy that he had liked her wings, which was something. "I have no idea what's appropriate to be out alone." He had been out alone since he was younger than her, so it made no difference to him.

He watched her place the kettle on the ground and then sit up again. Apparently her hands were growing some kind of claws. Miach wasn't sure if was a normal occurrence or not, but the girl did not seem particularly bothered by it. She seemed more concerned about the state of her gloves. "Kiara," he repeated. Her name sounded harsh with his accent and he decided it was satisfying to say out loud. "My name is Miach O'Reilly."

He looked over at her hands again. It was a bit concerning to see her having difficulty, but Miach had no idea what to do. He looked away again and shifted uncomfortably on the bench. He remembered when his brother had difficulties with his mutation. He had never known what to do in those instances either. "You are tearing your clothing," he said finally. "Do you have control over that?"
PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 11:03 PM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

FALLEN ANGELS

She listened as he spoke while struggling to get the fabric to come off her hands without one of her talons getting stuck in it. She hated it when this happened and wish she hadn't worn gloves. Mittens might have worked better since the fabric didn't go in between her fingers, but they were often hard to use when grasping things. She glanced up at Miach when he said her name and introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you, Miach," she replied, his name sounding unusual to her and like it belonged in a different country. She still liked it, though.

She was still looking at him as he looked at her hands for a moment before looking away and shifting in his seat. She began to feel embarrassed as she continued to fight with the fabric on her hands as she listened to him speak. She shook her head after a moment, saying, "No, I don't usually have control over it. They usually come out when I'm angry or scared." She grew quiet again as she attempted to get the gloves off. Her left glove was beginning to come off, but before it could come completely off some of the fabric got caught on one talon. She tried to get it loose, but instead yanked her talon a little, causing her to let out a yelp and say, "Ouch!"
lots , miach , outfit , ♥ lauz
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 14 2013, 11:28 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

She was struggling. Apparently, she had no control over it and it was a large inconvenience for her. Miach vaguely wondered if she had someone to teach her how to use her mutation. After a few moments of her trying to pull the fabric away, she hurt herself. Miach sighed and turned toward her abruptly. His hands were swift and worked well with delicate things. It came from years of work with tiny robotics and computers. He tugged the gloves off with some trouble and placed them sloppily onto the bench.

"Are you angry or scared?" he said with no particular interest. "Because you are sitting in a park in the middle of the day. If you think you are in danger then you are most likely incorrect." Miach looked out into the park again, but found nothing interesting. The feeling in his hands was slowly fading in the cold wind and the numbness was disappointingly familiar. "Has no one taught you to control your mutation?" he asked. "Can you use those wings?" He thought his questions might sound a bit rude. He clarified his intention.

"I know of people that can teach you if you are on your own." He wouldn't judge her if she had no one to go home to. He had met far too many mutants in that situation. Not that he was particularly touched that this young girl might be in that situation, but it was foolish of her to not try and help herself if that was the case.
PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 12:04 AM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

FALLEN ANGELS

She heard Miach sigh and she looked up at him as he turned towards her. She went completely still as he helped her get the gloves off of her hands, watching his face carefully, but found that he didn't look angry or anything as he helped her with the fabric and soon the gloves were off of her hands. She set her hands on her lap, being careful not to scratch herself, and glanced up at him as he asked her if she was angry or scared. "I was getting irritated, I guess. It wasn't because I was sitting in a park." She kept the part about him being the reason she was irritated to herself and she grew quiet for a few moments before looking back to Miach as he continued to ask her things.

As she listened to his words, the irritation began to come back, but she pushed it away as he began to clarify what he meant. "My parents have mental abilities so they didn't really know how to help me. They tried to over the years and they were both there when I flew for the first time when I was six. I am now going to a school for kids like me." She kept the name of the school to herself just in case he was talking about people that weren't exactly friends with the faculty at Xavier's. Looking into his eyes, she asked, "Who are the people you're talking about? Are they humans or mutants?"
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 12:45 AM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

So she could fly. Well that was useful, at least, but the wings seemed annoying at least. If Séarlas had had wings, he probably would have messed with them a lot when he was a kid. But her parents were mutants. A pang of something hit him in the stomach and the feeling took him by surprise. He didn't think it was jealousy that hit him, but it might have been. She had parents that had much in common with her. They cared for her. They tried to teach her to use her mutation. And she had a school to teach her when they failed. She was in good hands.

"I work for Internal Mutant Affairs. We deal with various things having to do with mutants and the government..." He couldn't explain his work further. This was due in part to the job being extremely secretive, but mostly because Miach had no idea what I.M.A. really did. He had never left the robotics department. Apparently, they were the good guys, but he was skeptical. They behaved very strangely.

"This school of yours," he started. "They let the students just walk about in the cold? I can't see that being a good thing, especially when they are unable to control their mutations. Suppose you accidentally hurt me with those?" He pointed to her hands and then looked up at her face. She seemed like a nice girl. "My people are both mutants and humans, by the way." He had forgotten to mention that before.

"I wouldn't worry," he added quickly. "You aren't going to hurt anyone. America is very accepting of mutants. It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?"
PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 01:14 AM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

FALLEN ANGELS

As she talked about her parents and the school she went to, she thought that she saw something pass over Miach's face, but she wasn't sure what it could be so she let on that she had seen something in the expression on his face. She wondered if he was close to any mutants or if he was a mutant himself. Could he have known someone that didn't have parents that were mutants or who didn't have anyone to turn to when they came into their abilities? She wanted to ask him, but didn't want to push him away with her questions and anyways they barely even knew one another and there was a good chance that they probably won't see each other again after they left the park so it would probably do more harm than good to ask him if he knew any mutants that he happened to be close to.

She was pulled from her thoughts when he began to tell her who he worked for. She nodded when he spoke and soon trailed off. She guessed that if he worked for the government than he couldn't talk about his work all that much. Someone with high clearance or someone that worked for the I.M.A. could probably talk with Miach about it, but someone like her, who was basically just a civilian with abilities, probably wasn't allowed to know much about the things that went on in the company that Miach worked for.

She continued to watch him as he continued to speak and she replied with a smile, "If I wanted to hurt you with my talons you would know. I usually don't touch anyone or anything when they are out, but if I feel like there is a threat then I will use them. And, no, the school usually don't let students out when it's cold, but I've been cooped up inside for the past few days and it was really starting to get on my nerves." She listened as he told her that his people are mutants and humans and she relaxed a little at this fact. At least he has experience around people like me, she thought to herself before taking in the words he said next. She nodded slightly, remembering how she had to harm someone when she was twelve, because they were hurting her best friend, Opal. Remembering that day caused her wings to extend a little and begin to shield her from the memory as if it had happened a few seconds ago and her wings were the only things protecting her from the mutant that had hurt her.

She forced the memory away and said, "Yeah, I guess America is okay. I wouldn't know anything different, though, to compare it to. Have you been anywhere else?"

PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 01:11 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

If she wanted to hurt him, he would know. Miach glanced at her talons again and felt a pang of something in his stomach again. Only this time it wasn't jealousy. It was excitement. He looked away from her. It would be beyond stupid to provoke her into attacking him. She was a kid. Imagine all the problems she'd have after that. But imagine the rush that would come from talons that sharp.

Miach shifted in his seat again. "Ireland," he said in response. "I'm from Dublin. That's the only other place I've been. They don't like mutants there. You see someone with mutant powers walking the streets of Ireland, you call the police. Or the police are already there shooting them down. Terrifying. Though, I guess it isn't as bad anymore. When I was a kid you couldn't leave the house if someone knew you were a mutant. When I came here it was weird...seeing people with blue skin and claws and stuff walking around. Unnatural. I liked it."

It was true that the feeling had initially been weird for Miach, but he liked how different it was. It shook things up. It was exciting. "You're lucky," he told the girl. "This is a good place you live. Good opportunities. Good people. Depending on your definition of 'good'."
PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 05:45 PM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

She watched him as he glanced down at her talons and she thought she saw something pass across his face again, though this time it almost appeared that he was excited at the idea of her using her talons against him which seemed odd to her. Why would someone want to get hurt? It just didn't make sense. She continued to wonder about this as he looked away from her and wished she could ask him what he was thinking about, but kept her mouth shut as he shifted in his seat and spoke.

She listened as he told her that he came from Dublin and what it was like for mutants there. She flinched a little at the idea of someone shooting her or her parents down just because they had abilities. She pushed the idea of finding her mother or father with a bullet wound in their stomach since it just made her scared of it happening in the U.S. She watched him as he spoke about what it was like when he came here and how he liked seeing mutants just walking around. She smiled a little, but didn't say anything as she pushed the picture of her parents being harmed from her mind.

"Yeah, I guess it is a good place. Though I think you have to be more wary of the other mutants and what they are capable of doing. Some of them aren't really nice," she said as she flexed her fingers, trying to make the numbness from the cold to go away. She glanced down at the tea and was tempted to drink some more of it, but didn't want to scratch it with her talons and possibly ruin it. Turning her attention back to Miach, she asked, "Are you friends with any mutants?"
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 07:05 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

That was right. Some mutants weren't nice at all. It was good that she knew that. Miach often wondered if he'd be a nice mutant or a bad mutant, if he had the extra gene. But it wasn't worth thinking about. He didn't have any abilities. He would never be part of their culture.

"Friends?" The word sounded foreign to him. He looked puzzled for a moment before saying, "No. I don't have any mutant friends." The extended conversation was also foreign to Miach. He couldn't recall when the last time he spoke to someone for such a long time. "I don't have friends," he added, elaborating on the point. He didn't think ill of them, and he didn't choose his acquaintances. "I assume all of your friends are mutants then? At that school?" Miach pictured it. Tons of small mutant children running around playing with one another. It was an interesting concept.

"Have you ever hurt anyone with those?" he asked suddenly, pointing at her talons. They looked very sharp. He couldn't imagine the girl outright attacking anyone. It was probably frowned upon at her school. It would just serve to make the mutants look even more dangerous to the public eye. Then again...how exciting would it be to get into a fight with a giant bird-girl mutant? This wasn't an opportunity you had every day. What could he do to make her feel threatened enough to...

No. He couldn't do that. Miach looked away from her talons ones again. He had a problem, he knew that, and there was no reason he had to bring it out to this girl. That would be barbaric. Mich tightened his hand into a fist and dug his nails into the underside of his palm. The pressure released some of the numbness, but not enough to relieve him. He looked at her again.

If something scary would get her to attack him then he knew just what to do. Without thinking on it further, he turned toward her and grabbed a handful of feathers from her wings. He pulled as hard as he could and yanked a few out.
PM EMAIL
^
KIARA WATSON
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 07:49 PM
SIXTEEN
23 posts
BRITTNEY
X-STUDENT

She watched as he said the word 'friends' and wondered why he looked puzzled. Didn't he have friends? After a moment, she listened as he told her that he didn't have any friends. Maybe he just doesn't get out that often? She wondered to herself before taking in his question about whether or not all of her friends were mutants from the school she went to. "No, I also have a human friend named Opal. I've known her since I was twelve," she said, still watching him.

She was slightly surprised when he asked her if she ever harmed anyone with her talons and she didn't respond right away. There must be a reason why he was bringing this subject up. She remembered the excitement that had passed across his face when he had looked at them earlier and couldn't help, but wonder if he was wondering if she would attack him. She glanced from him and down at her hands, trying to make the thought go away. There was no way he would want to provoke her into attacking him. Was there?

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him look away and she began to relax again, thinking that she might just be jumping to conclusions. Yeah, that must be it, she thought. I must be jumping to conclusions. As she thought these things, she didn't notice Miach closing his hand into a fist or saw him looking at her again. She was trying her best to ignore the thoughts of him actually wanting her to hurt her. While she was distracted, she thought she saw him move and then she let out a yelp as he pulled a few of her feathers out. Anger surged up inside of her and she turned towards him. When she was facing him, she brought her hand back and slapped him, her talons scratching his face. "Why the hell did you pull my feathers out?" She yelled, breathing heavily as adrenaline and anger surged through her. "How would you like it if someone yanked a fistful of your hair out?"
PM
^
MIACH O'REILLY
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 08:06 PM
19 posts
Fool
I.M.A.

He could practically see the anger boil inside of her. It only lasted a few seconds before she pulled his hand back and struck him across the face. As soon as she did, it was like his black and while world had been filled with colour. He could feel, all over. The adrenaline was pumping through him as blood bubbled up and out the cuts on his face. His heart was beating, his face was hot, and his body ached. He couldn't help the grin that snuck onto his features as he touched his cheek. It stung.

"Dreadfully sorry," he responded with no particular emotion behind his words. "I forgot to mention that I am a serial rapist and I get off on young women and feathers and I was so sexually attracted to you that I couldn't help myself." This, of course, was the farthest thing from the truth that he could have ever come up with. Not only was he not a serial rapist, nor did he find young women or feathers attractive, he had no sexual preference at all. He was just a strange human with a lack of feeling.

He touched his cheek again and saw the familiar red substance coat his fingers. "Nice feathers though," he added with a smirk.
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

skin by lauz of shine, atf, and candyland couture.